Lead Designer, Motion (f/m/d)
We’re looking for an ambitious, experienced designer to help in leading our creative, from ideation to production, with particular focus on the visual execution and motion specifically. A skilled background in motion design and graphic design is especially important for our social-first work. Additional experience in other relevant fields like video editing, typography, etc is highly valued.
What will keep you challenged?
- As Lead Designer, you’ll be responsible for producing best-in-class, social-first work, but also directly managing others on the design team with a diverse set of skills. You will report to the Head of Creative.
- Responsibilities include:
- Contribute to each brand’s creative process – deliver strong concepts, crafted design, tasteful art direction, and refined motion design.
- Create best-in-class user-centric work suitable for a diverse set of social platforms including Instagram, TikTok, Youtube, and others as well as TV, email, websites, OOH etc.
- Manage all aspects of multi-channel communication design including social media, emails, digital ads, billboards, and retail-space artifacts.
- Developing & managing insights-based ad rotation
- Manage photo and video shoots for various ads and campaigns.
- Adhere to our clients’ brand identities while finding appropriate opportunities to push boundaries and enhance their visual language.
- Create, maintain, and make accessible to the marketing team a clear, up-to-date and well-designed library of assets including source files for ads, edited photos, videos, voice-overs, illustrations, etc.
- Provide oversight and/or development of all internal presentations, as well as marketing material like apparel, stickers, office ware, business cards, etc.
- Present concepts and designs to clients.
- Manage projects and meet all deadlines.
- You will build and spearhead our design team with our Head of Creative
Which traits & experience contribute to your success?
- 5+ years of work experience in design or similar roles.
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates your skills in motion and graphic design.
- Experience collaborating with product managers, marketing and sales teams.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, people-first mentality.
- Intimate experience with the many facets of each social media platform
- On the forefront of social trends, able to apply awareness strategically to new projects.
- A keen eye for high-performing social content
- Excellent spoken and written English, level C1 & C2
- German skills are a plus
What to expect working at MOONBASE
At Moonbase you can expect a down to earth, no bullshit, yet high caliber work environment. Thrive from an inspiring, young & dynamic team.
- Supportive and hard working environment
- You will join a world-class team with past achievements in their previous projects
- You can have a direct impact without micromanagement
- Your work brings you in contact with the “Who is Who” of the German E-Commerce industry
- You will work with people who believe in the company, love what they do, and are happy being together
- Culture of trust, empowerment, and constructive feedback
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring, and personal development opportunities
- Opportunity to partly schedule your working times on your own, remotely
- Work with the biggest brands in the world
- Competitive compensation & pension
- Well equipped and modern flagship office right above Apple & Tesla in Berlin
- Transparent culture with flat hierarchies where every person is highly valued
- Having fun together as a company at team events
- Getting challenged and developing your professional skills by taking over responsibilities, and a steep learning curve from day one
We encourage every qualified person to apply regardless of your age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
WORKING AT MOONBASE
To learn more about MOONBASE, review all current job openings, and to submit your initiative application, visit moonbase.social/working-here.