What will keep you challenged?
We’re looking for an experienced marketing and communications designer to help us frame our brand stories and how we visually communicate it to the world. You ideally have impeccable taste and are highly trained in typography, graphic design, photography and videography, brand design and design and even have a penchant for great copywriting. Your entire body of work will be framed in the context of what consumers see across every channel, including, emails, digital and physical ads, social media, high converting landing pages on each brand’s website, brochures, and other artifacts important to our marketing efforts.
- Own each brand’s creative process – infuse each brand with strong creative ideas, design, and direction.
- Manage all aspects of multi-channel communication design including social media, emails, digital ads, billboards, and retail-space artifacts.
- Manage photo and video shoots for various ads and campaigns.
- Design a distinct visual language for each brand’s marketing artifacts and manage all visual design including photo and video editing to match it to product output’s brand.
- Create, maintain, and make accessible to the marketing team a clear, up-to-date and well-designed library of marketing assets that can be repurposed at any time. The library will include source files for ads, edited photos, videos, voice-overs, illustrations, etc.
- Be responsible for all digital and print artifacts that will be used to assist in marketing and sales efforts such as, t-shirts, stickers, mugs, brochures, business cards, and decks/presentations.
- Help us manage vendor relationships and may eventually have a few people reporting into you. Your ability to manage people, expectations, and deadlines, as well as your ability to communicate, is important to this role.
- Create a unique look and feels to match each brand’s audience, product line, and demographics.
Which traits & experience contribute to your success?
- 3+ years of work experience in design or similar roles
- A portfolio of work that clearly articulates your taste and thought process, not just final design work.
- Strong sensibilities in typography, graphic design, and content design.
- Ability to be objective about your work and knowing that sometimes just because something looks good, it doesn’t mean it will do what it was built for.
- Demonstrable experience collaborating with product managers, marketing and sale
- Excellent verbal communication skills, people first mentality
- Intimate experience with all the different facets within each social media platform
- On the forefront of social trends, able to adapt & progress
- Experience with viral content on Instagram
- A keen eye for well performing Instagram Feeds
- Excellent spoken and written English
- German skills are a plus
- Experience in motion design is a plus and highly encouraged
What to expect working at MOONBASE
At Moonbase you can expect a down to earth, no bullshit, yet high caliber work environment. Thrive from an inspiring, young & dynamic team.
- Supportive and hard working environment
- You will join a world-class team with past achievements in their previous projects
- You can have a direct impact without micromanagement
- Your work brings you in contact with the “Who is Who” of the German E-Commerce industry
- You will work with people who believe in the company, love what they do, and are happy being together
- Culture of trust, empowerment, and constructive feedback
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring, and personal development opportunities
- Opportunity to partly schedule your working times on your own, remotely
- Work with the biggest brands in the world
- Competitive compensation & pension
- Well equipped and modern flagship office right above Apple & Tesla in Berlin
- Transparent culture with flat hierarchies where every person is highly valued
- Having fun together as a company at team events
- Getting challenged and developing your professional skills by taking over responsibilities, and a steep learning curve from day one
We encourage every qualified person to apply regardless of your age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.